Holiday party season is practically here. Try out this simple recipe for grilled oysters with white wine butter sauce that’s a perfect way to wow your party guests — and make you happy with their tasty goodness.
- 12 fresh oysters
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated (Note: we always use minced garlic from the grocery store to keep it simple.)
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon diced chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon finely diced parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the unsalted butter, garlic, white wine, chives, salt and parsley — and set it aside.
- Preheat the grill and prepare for direct grilling with lump charcoal. Target the temperature in the grill at 500 degrees F.
- Shuck the oysters. (Here’s a very detailed shucking tutorial.)
- Layer a sheet pan with slightly crumpled aluminum foil.
- Place shucked oysters onto the sheet pan and gently press down so the oysters sit well on the pan.
- Place one heaping teaspoon of the compound butter into each oyster. Note: Reserve some to top the oysters after they come off the grill.
- Place gently over direct heat and grill for 4 – 6 minutes.
- The butter will bubble and remove when you start to see the edges of the oyster flesh slightly brown.
- Remove with high heat gloves or tongs. Be careful not to spill what’s left of the liquor when removing the oysters.
- Top each oyster with a little of the remaining compound butter.
- Serve warm on the half shell.
Recipe and Photo Credit: Vindulge