Here's another simple, cheese-forward alternative to Oysters Rockefeller with just enough bacon to make the heart sing.
- 14 fresh oysters (if smaller than 4", buy 16-20)
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup shredded white cheddar
- 1/3 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Shuck your oysters, leaving the oyster in the bottom half of the shell.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Set the oysters in their shells on the baking sheet.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove all excess liquid. In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, white cheddar, bacon, chopped spinach, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon a dollop of cheese filling over the top of each oyster. Sprinkle the tops with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is golden. Serve warm.
Photo and Recipe Credit: A Spicy Perspective