Cornbread stuffed oysters:
1 box stove top cornbread mix (or preferred stuffing)
1/2 white onion (diced)
2-3 celery stalks (diced)
1 clove of garlic (diced)
4-5 button mushrooms (diced)
12-18 fresh oysters, (shucked and chopped) reserve as much juice as possible
1/2 stick butter melted.
1/8 stick of butter for cooking veggies
1)follow directions on box to make the cornbread mixture
2) sauté the onion, celery, garlic, and mushrooms in butter until soft. Set aside to cool
3) once vegetable mixture is cooled add to stuffing mixture (mixture may look a little dry)
4) add chopped oysters and juice to mixture. Oysters and juice should bring it back to a good consistency, if not add small amounts of water until not dry
5) once all ingredients are added and mixed thoroughly, divide evenly amongst the oyster shells.
6) brush lightly with melted butter and bake at 400 degrees for 20min
Don’t be afraid to have fun with this simple recipe.. if you don’t like mushrooms, that’s okay! Take them out and add your favorite veggies. This can be done with all the vegetable ingredients... want some more heat?! Add a jalapeño to the veggie mix. Have fun and alter it to fit your guests desired taste,
Ohhhh... also add at the end when adding the squash and remaking cranberries to fold them in gently as to not turn them into mush.
Roasted butternut squash, candied pecan, and cranberry relish:
1 cup sugar
1 cup of water
1/2 cup cranberry juice
16oz bag of cranberries
6-8 oz chopped pecans
8oz Small-medium diced butternut squash.
1) Place olive oil, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix.
2) toss diced butternut squash in mixture and bake for 10min or until soft at 375
3) add water, sugar, and cranberry juice In a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
4)Once it begins to boil remove from heat and add cranberries. Return to heat set on low-med
5) cook cranberries for 2 min 3 min max, remove from heat and then remove 2/3 of the cranberries and set aside.
6) blend sauce mixture with the remaining cranberries. (Immersion blender is preferred, but if you do not have one simply dump into a household blender and blend until smooth)
7) return blended mixture to heat and add the chopped pecans, allow to simmer for 8-10min
8) remove mixture from heat, add cranberries that were set aside and cooked butternut squash.. immediately remove from sauce pot and place in a dish to cool (note, you can pour mixture into a bowl and then add cranberries and squash if you’re worried they will continue to cook and become mushy)
Again, have fun with the recipe. Feel free to remove the butternut squash and add orange zest instead have at it! or leave it out completely. Prefer a different type of nut other than pecan, go for it! Want to leave out everything except the cranberries, that’s fine too!